SubRosaSoft.com Inc. announces version 1.5 of MacForensicsLab
--New version of the Mac OS X forensics software features enhancements in report generation, bookmarking, file preview, file recovery, and a new bootable PowerPC/Intel Dual boot DVD--
Union City, CA, August 24th, 2006 -- SubRosaSoft.com Inc., a software company focusing on system utility and data recovery software, today announced the availability of MacForensicsLab version 1.5. MacForensicsLab is a complete suite of forensics and analysis tools in one cohesive package. Designed to work on Windows, Macintosh, and Linux storage devices - MacForensicsLab is the first all-in-one, easy-to-use forensics software suite for Mac OS X, Windows and Linux platforms. The new version incorporates major enhancements in report generation, bookmarking, file previewing, data salvaging, and a new dual-bootable DVD.
One of the most requested features, the Auto Report Generation function, gives the investigator the ability to export a report in HTML format. The result is a customizable report, combining case details, thumbnails of bookmarked files, and log data that can easily be shared with the involved parties.
Based on users’ feedback, the new version of MacForensicsLab also contains a completely new file browser that allows investigators to view the content from an entire directory structure in one window. The investigator can preview pictures, movies, audio files, etc. The improved bookmark function, with the new ability to allow the investigator to bookmark files from multiple windows, can then be used to select the files for later reference.
The updated salvage process now contains the ability to resume if halted as a result of a lack of available space. Moreover, the salvage window itself has been streamlined, and investigators can easily target and salvage specific file types, speeding up the process of salvaging the necessary files.
Last but not least, MacForensicsLab is now available on a dual-bootable DVD, allowing investigators to boot both PowerPC and Intel based Macintosh systems quickly and easily.
Written specifically for Mac OS X, MacForensicsLab includes powerful features that give a user excellent flexibility and control in data analysis, evidence retrieval, and facts reporting:
• Auto report generation creates professional reports to support you in presenting your evidence.
• Extensive detailed logs to support you in record keeping and understanding your evidence.
• Industrial strength device imaging to create a disk image of a device for data analysis.
• In depth catalogs traversing directories to catalog all files as well as to zero in on suspect material.
• Browser window allowing files of entire directories to be previewed at once.
• Keyword searching and analysis to explore the data of a file or device block by block.
• File salvaging and extraction to recover as many files as possible from the suspect’s drive, media, folders, or files (such as caches and embedded pictures).
• Disk arbitration management to prevent writing to the suspect device accidentally.
Pricing, Availability and System Requirements
The MSRP for MacForensicsLab is $995.
MacForensicsLab requires System 10.3 or higher.
For more information on MacForensicsLab, please visit http://www.MacForensicsLab.com