SubRosaSoft.com Inc. Ships MacForensicsLab 1.0
-- The first comprehensive Macintosh-based forensics and analysis software provides a single solution for law enforcement professionals --
Fremont, CA -- SubRosaSoft.com Inc. today announced the immediate availability of the MacForensicsLab 1.0. MacForensicsLab is the first of its kind specifically for the Apple range of personal computers. MacForensicsLab can also be used on other platform devices including Microsoft Windows and Linux drives.
MacForensicsLab combines the power of many individual functions into one application in order to provide a single solution for law enforcementand forensic professionals. From acquiring the image of a suspect’s drive, to analyzing the suspect’s data, to the final reporting, MacForensicsLab will do it all.
The analyze function enables the user to examine files in Hex and text mode. MacForensicsLab can scan file sectors at blazing speeds that no other package can approach.
The acquire function uses an intelligent algorithm to image mechanically unsound drives. Even if the drive has been partially mechanically compromised, MacForensicsLab has the best chance of recovering evidence for further data retrieval and analysis.
MacForensicsLab’s salvage function retrieves files that have been deleted and will recover potentially lost files from hard drives (Mac, Windows, and Linux), CD-ROMs, external storage devices, digital camera memory cards, iPods, and much more!
MacForensicsLab’s cataloging process searches through the directory structure to catalog all files as well as to zero in on suspect material. MacForensicsLab can create a list of all files within a directory structure including all catalog information, MD5, SHA-1, and SHA-256 checksums, and basic file information.
MacForensicsLab’s log function keeps a detailed log of every action and all points of interest to support the evidence. In the Logs window, the investigator has access to comprehensive details of the date and the time of the investigation, the actions performed on and performed by MacForensicsLab, and the outcome of the actions.
Whether you are a seasoned investigator coming to the Mac for the first time, or a seasoned Mac user coming to forensics for the first time, MacForensicsLab's easy-to-use interface is designed for all OS X users. All functions can be completed with a few clicks.
· Extremely fast media acquisition and data recovery.
· Perfect acquisition of device that retains every detail of the original media.
· Proprietary media imaging algorithm increases the chance of recovering damaged drives.
· Perform data acquisition and analysis on drives from Mac, MS Windows, Linux, and other operating systems.
· Data Acquisition processes include MD5, SHA1 and SHA256 hashes.
· Recover your files, search for keywords, and allow analysis from the newly initialized drive.
· Highly detailed logs to provide the investigator with as much information as possible when reporting.
· The bootable CD-ROM supports machines ranging from first-generation iMacs to the latest Intel-based machines.
Pricing: Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $11995.
· System 10.3 or higher
· Macintosh CPU with G4, G5, or Intel processor.
· Second hard disk for storing recover data