The use of forensic triage tools can increase the effectiveness of any investigation. Through the use of forensic triage tools an investigator can quickly:
- Gain quick access to evidence that may allow them to secure a warrant or confession.
- Determine if a computer/system requires further analysts.
- Eliminate or dismiss a computer/system from further analysts.
- Determine key areas for further investigation.
- Insure the acquisition of evidence that would be lost by powering the computer/system down.
- Acquire a snapshot of the suspect systems current state before seizure.